Vegetable Gardening 101 and Container Gardening Workshops –
We need your ideas!
Want to grow vegetables? Trying to avoid repeating a previous veggie disaster? Learn the basics using Square Foot Vegetable Gardening in a 4 by 4 foot space.
No Backyard? Learn to grow vegetables in pots on your balcony, deck or steps. Learn about all kinds of containers, including how to make and use a Self Watering Container.
Local Master Gardeners are coming to Rodef Shalom Congregation to share gardening expertise with you!
- Doug Oster, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette’s Backyard Gardener.
- Nancy Knauss, a consumer horticulture educator at the Penn State Cooperative Extension.
- Carol Brand, a retired Pediatrician and gardening educator.
What workshops or programs would you attend? The Edible Garden at Rodef Shalom needs your suggestions for topics related to gardening, permaculture, healthy and sustainable food choices, cooking, etc.
Please post your ideas here in the comments section!
Save the dates!
- Monday, May 23rd 7pm- Carol Brand, Vegetable Gardening 101
- Saturday, June 4th 5:30pm- Carol Brand, Container Gardening
- Friday, June 10th 6pm- Doug Oster (Topic needed!)
- Monday, June 27th- Nancy Knauss (Topic needed!)
All are welcome! Sponsored by Life Long Jewish Learning at Rodef Shalom Congregation.